Ep 9: Choosing Your Lens
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Most experiences aren’t good or bad. They’re how you perceive them. There’s more to it than that, though. The way you look at a scenario doesn’t only color it; your perspective transforms it. Hans and Eric discuss how lenses change as we age, and ask how one might adopt better—more flexible—ones.
- So Good they Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- Richard Cory the poem, and the song
- Could This Be the End of Paul Simon’s Rhymin’?
- Leonard Cohen’s ex-manager sentenced to 18 months in jail
- The documentary Hans mentions is God’s Children
- Getting Hyderized at the Glacier Inn in Hyder Alaska
- The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young - Trailer 1
- The burger story: Seeking Contrast
Theme music: “Things in Life” by Nameless Warning
Source image: The Crab Nebula: A Cosmic Icon - Spectacular death of a star in the constellation Taurus was observed on Earth as the supernova of 1054 A.D.
Support: The Kerfuffle is made possible by Officehours, where you can get 10 minutes of advice from a variety of remarkable people.